Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Funky Fingers

 Now that "open toed shoes" season is officially starting, (though it wouldn't seem so with the weather in New York) I wanted to find some new, fun nail polish colors to wear on my toes. With my job, I find it extremely hard to get away with nail polish on my nails because by the end of a shift, they are chipped from opening boxes all day! I tend to only wear polish on my toes but occasionally will put some on my fingers (I'm also REALLY bad at painting my right hand nails so I tend to steer clear of doing it myself).

  When I was home for spring break, my sister told me about this new store called Five Below in Latham, NY (not sure if they're a chain or not, I've never heard of them before). When we got there I saw they had a bunch of fun colored polish (called Funky Fingers) for 3 for $5. I bought a lime green (Limelight), a hot pink (Screamin' Fuscia), and a dark purple (Riot) polish. I used the hot pink first on my toes and it actually works REALLY well. The color is bright after two applications and it lasts! Also, it's been a week and I've only done ONE touch up a couple days ago and it hasn't chipped yet. Since I'm completely incapable of using my left hand to paint my nails on the right, I have yet to wear them on my nails (except for a couple of REALLY messy attempts). However, those messy attempts did come off farely well with average nail polish remover on a tissue.
  I have never seen this brand before nor have I been able to find a website for them but you can find them on sites like eBay and Five Below.

No comments:

Post a Comment