Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Five Products Ever Girl Needs in her Everyday Bag

I realize that some of us girls carry HUGE purses everyday because we put our entire lives in them! In just one of my bags I used to carry 7 different lip glosses/chapsticks, 2 lotions, hand sanitizer, 10,000 pens, gum, highlighters, sunglasses, hair ties, bobby pins, etc etc etc. It never ends. Now, I've been able to narrow that list down. Other than the essentials (wallet, cell phone, two pens), I've narrowed the list of non-essentials down to five. Maybe that's still too many for some of you but for me, I can make it work.

1. Hand sanitizer. Whether there's no soap in the bathroom or there's just no sink around to wash your hands, hand sanitizer works like a charm. Of course, I think Bath and Body Works has the BEST "pocket-bacs." They also have holders for them to tie to the side of your bag or key chain so it's not taking up too much room. (They're also in yummy scents!)
2. Travel size scented lotion. Whether it's a fragrance pick me up or your skin feels dry, it's the perfect addition to an everyday bag that you can change up quickly and won't take up room because of it's size.
3. Your favorite chapstick or lipgloss. I cheat a little here. I have one mentha chapstick by CO Bigelow and a CO Bigelow mentha colored gloss. It keeps our lips moisturized and if you choose one with color, it can brighten up your face.
4. Gum. Although it's not a beauty product, gum or mints are a huge necessity in my mind. No one wants to be talking to someone whose breath smells. Also, your confidence is so much better, I think, when your breath is fresh.
5. Bobby Pins. If I'm wearing my hair down it's not usually as bad of a problem but when my hair is up and it's windy outside, I always find myself eating my hair or getting it caught on my lipgloss. With a few extra bobby pins in your purse you can tame those flyaways!

1 comment:

  1. hi doll, love the blog! I totally agree, I am in dire need of cleaning out my makeup bag, it weighs about 40 pounds! great post =)

    ReplyDelete